What is it, how does it work?
Bubblr is an online web tool that you can use to make comments right on professional pictures and organize them into a slideshow. The pictures you use are based on flicker.
Some ideas of how we can use this website.
- Assign it as a homework for students to use Bubblr to drill specific grammar points e.g. 'use Bubblr to produce a presentation of the places you are going to visit (simple future tense)'.
- Assign it as students' homework to make a slideshow on Bubblr, e.g. their hometown, and then share it with their teachers.
- Next, ask students to write short comments on the pictures and let them be prepared to deliver a oral presentation in the next lesson with more details.
- Ask some volunteers to deliver a oral presentation with elaborations by using Bubblr.
- Encourage students to share their artwork to their pen pal in another city/ country.
Why is this tool good for English language teaching/learning?
- It is a good way to promote learning autonomy since it connects students' life with their development of English writing.
- It is a good tool to drill some simple grammar points (e.g. tenses)
- It very simple to use and easy to share.
- It can be embedded and shared on a blog.
Limitations and points to improve
- One can not download the slideshow that she/he makes.
- One can not drag a picture directly onto Bubblr, she/he must post the pictures on Flicker first.
- The comments on the pictures might block parts of the picture.